Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have been on Social Security for almost two years now I have

I have been on Social Security for almost two years now I have also been receiving disability benefits from my employer for about the same time I am very nervous due to I thought only workers comp black lung federal state and local disability payments had to be reported,NOT disability benefits from an employer Please HELP me

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

You are fine...you can draw social security disability along with a private disability benefit from your former employer

MyVirtualCPA :

Your private disability does not count as earnings to go against your earnings limit

Customer:

Are you absolutely sure I don't have to report anything to social security/?even thought the booklet states you must "tell us if you receive another disability benefit"? Thank you

MyVirtualCPA :

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/154/~/effects-of-private-disability-on-social-security-benefits

MyVirtualCPA :

If you read that, it says that any private disability payments you receive will not impact your benefits

MyVirtualCPA :

CLICK HERE there's a link

Customer:

Thank you very much I am trying to give a rating an nothing is happening

Customer:

Thank you do I save and exit or do you want me to go to the link first I am also unable to give a rating

MyVirtualCPA :

Please take a moment to rate as "excellent" - you can rate now

MyVirtualCPA :

And once you rate, that will close out your chat

Customer:

Can I go to the link and come back

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, but if you would, please rate because that is how I get credit for helping you

Customer:

What do I do next do I save and exit or submit rating I don't want to lose this conversation and the link you gave me

MyVirtualCPA :

You won't lose it if you rate. You can come back to this and read our conversation at any time.

Customer:

Do I have to save and exit?

MyVirtualCPA :

Once you rate, that will save the chat

Customer:

How do I get back your website?

MyVirtualCPA :

bookmark the URL of this question, and it will take you right back to the question

Customer:

But my browser has your link in it

MyVirtualCPA :

http://www.justanswer.com/social-security/7vrdq-social-security-almost-two-years.html

MyVirtualCPA :

There is the address to this question

Customer:

Thank you you have been most helpful

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm glad I could help