Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

Hi A neighbor was geting SS diability form her husband who

Hi A neighbor was geting SS diability form her husband who is deceased. She was under 65. Now she is 65 and said that medicare has kicked in but that her SS is now lower. Is that the reason?

What is the % that medicare gets from SS and has it increased due to Obamacare?

I can't connect so please answer here.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

A medicare premium surely could bring down the amount that you would collect from social security.

MyVirtualCPA :

The part B premium is $104.90 per month

MyVirtualCPA :

Obama care has not increased Medicare premiums next

MyVirtualCPA :

So, her medicare premiums could be the reason that her payment went down.

MyVirtualCPA :

If that is not the reason, she would need to call 1-800-772-1213 and speak with a representative there regarding the issue.

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have any further questions about this matter?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the quick responce. How much will Obamacare bring down payments when it takes place. Medicare part B will cost what? Sue

Thank you for your follow up. I hope you are doing well. Unfortunately, there is nothing published that will tell you how much payments will go down due to Obamacare. Congress is still ironing out the details. Social Security will issue communication when information is available. Try not to worry, it's probably not going to be as bad as everyone thinks.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer