LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

can I get an additonal $1000 added to my social security c

can I get an additonal $1000 added to my social security check?
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

1. Are you asking if you can work and earn $1,000 a month in addition to your social security benefit?

2. What is your present age?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doug, My name is Lorraine. I am 70 years old. I understood that there was a way to have $1000 ,free and clear, added to my social security check. Is that true?

Good afternoon Lorraine,

I'm sorry for any confusion about the social security laws, but you appear to have been misinformed. There is no program of the social security administration that allows you to increase your social security benefits by $1,000---either per month, or on a one time basis.

I wish you the best in 2013.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

You may reply back to me using the Reply to Expert link if you have additional questions.

Kindly take a moment to rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided. Please understand that I have no control over the how the law impacts your particular situation.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doug, Thank you for your answer. I wish I had not spent so much money on it. Good gracious,
you would think I would know better!

Good afternoon Lorraine,

You wish that you had not spent money on what?

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Lorraine. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.