LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

My SS check was not deposited in my account today as has been

My SS check was not deposited in my account today as has been the last 3years, WHY not?

Good afternoon Linda,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While it is rare for a person’s automatic deposit not to be deposited on the day that it is scheduled, it does occasionally happen.

As today is the third Wednesday of the month, it is possible that your bank simply has not credited it to your account yet, and of course you will want to check with them and see if bank computers show it as a pending deposit.

If it is not at least pending---to be credited this evening, because you receive your benefit through automatic deposit, there is something else you can do.

As you normally receive your check by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

It has been my pleasure to assist you Linda, and I hope you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

If you have any follow-up questions to my answers here, you may come back and ask them in this thread---at no additional charge------and I will be happy to assist you.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.