Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

I can make up to about 1,200 per month and still get my full

Customer Question

I can make up to about 1,200 per month and still get my full SS benefit. If I pull money out of my retirement account, is that subtracted from the 1,200
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Your retirement account funds do not count towards your earnings limit

So, you can draw an unlimited amount from your retirement account and still get your full retirement benefits

The only earnings that are counted, are earnings from work such as self employment or a job

Investments and retirement account do not count towards that limit

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
I see we were having trouble in chat. Please take a moment to rate my response excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have further questions
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

I see you rated our service as 'bad', and I also realize we were having difficulty in chat - was there anything in my answer that you felt was lacking? I am personally penalized for bad ratings. I gave you good news, yet I received a bad rating - which confuses me. If you expected more detail, let me know what further information you need and I will do my best to provide it.

If you have further questions, please ask them here. Let me know how I can earn your excellent service rating.

Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer