LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

wHEN DOES A CHILDS SOCIALSECURITY RUN OUT WHEN RECEIVING IT

wHEN DOES A CHILD'S SOCIALSECURITY RUN OUT WHEN RECEIVING IT DUE TO A PARENT'S DEATH

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A child will receive a survivor benefit until at least age 18. If they are still in high school full time when they reach age 18, the survivor benefit will continue either until age 19, of graduation from high school, whichever occurs first.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has two options, in my opinion - move in with friend's family which I do not want to see or we would consider moving to her town until she completed high school. she will be 18 in November but school doesn't end until June. We are not as prosperous as the other grandfather but want to do what is best for her. I guess my question is : is the money hers or whoever supports her?

Good afternoon Norene,

The benefit is given to the caretaker of the child, for the support of the child
.

I wish you well in your future,

Doug
Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Norene. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.