Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have been collecting SSI benefits for years now. However,

I have been collecting SSI benefits for years now. However, due to my mental/and physica condition, I am not able to appear in person for my SSI review. If I give someone else the necessary documents asked for, can that person represent me?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

What type of review are you under? Is this for disability?

Customer:

This is an SSI question. Yes I have been receiving SSI benefits for years based on my mental disability, which results in being unemployable.

Customer:

I am still waiting for an answer.

MyVirtualCPA :

Did you receive a letter requesting that you appear in person?

Customer:

Yes

MyVirtualCPA :

Unfortunately, if they want to see you in person you would have to go. You can certainly hire an attorney but the attorney would have to accompany you, not go in your place.

Customer:

Okay. That answers my question. thanks.

Customer:

I am satisfied with the answer and I'm ready to finish. The computer seems unwilling to accept my rating.

MyVirtualCPA :

Have I provided you with excellent service today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If you would, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Yes.