LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Need to answer sec C question 6...describe what you do from

Customer Question

Need to answer sec C question 6...describe what you do from the time you get up until you go to bed...Have quit working 3 weeks ago. Have severe ost arthritis bi-lateral knees and facet arthritis back with Degenertive disc. Have no daily routine yet
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.

Good afternoon Craig,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you may not have developed a routine yet, you can still describe what your daily routine has been in the recent past, since you were forced to quit work.

Start by talking about the average time that you wake up. Do you bathe first thing each day, brush your teeth, have breakfast? Do you spend the majority of your day doing things that are sedentary---such as reading, watching TV? How much do you sit versus times you are up and walking. Do you any chores around the home that you regularly do, or do you have help with general housekeeping chores? What hobbies do you have that you spend time doing---not necessarily every day, but occasionally?

If you walk most every day for exercise, discuss how often and how far a walk is your limit. If you use a cane, or walker or wheelchair, make sure that is known.

Do you prepare your own meals, or does someone do that for you?

Chances are very good that with the Osteoarthritis, your mobility is limited by pain and stiffness. If you must take pain medication or other medications each day to allow you to get around with a little less pain---discuss that.

With the knee replacements, discuss things that you cannot do anymore like get on the floor on your hands and knees, and the times that you need help from others to do what just a decade ago you would easily do for yourself.

This questions does not have to be answered in great length---but the social security administration is looking to see what you are able to do, and what you can no longer do. The things that you do during your waking hours will be suggestive of your lack of activity and your disability as well.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

even on good days I'm limited on what I can do...I have quit most of my hobbies and no sports at all anymore...sitting to long I must get up because of pain and stiffness ...I only take meds when absolutely needed I hate the side effects

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon Craig,

With a lifestyle like that there will be very little to say in terms of your activities.

Based on your statement it seems like the majority of your day is spend sitting and occasionally getting up to ease the pain and stiffness with mild stretching which comes from walking.

If the bulk of your day is reading or watching TV or listening to the radio--then that is what you will need to say. That will be sufficient.

I wish you the best in your future.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,