LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How long does it take to have your Social Security hbefits

Customer Question

How long does it take to have your Social Security
hbefits reinstated after the local office approves it.
Also after reintatement how long does it take Mrdicare B
to be reinstated.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.

Good morning Fred,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

There is no law dictating when you must be given your back pay and your Medicare Part B benefits reinstated. It really depends on the local social security office that you went to, and how backed up they are.

The wait, as a general rule, is anywhere between a couple of business days to 7 business days. If you do not have your benefits within a week of submitting the corrected routing code, then you should immediately contact the social security office you presented the corrections to, and ask for a status on your benefit restart.

You may reply back to me again, using the Reply to Expert link, if you have additional questions.

I wish you the best in your future,

Doug