dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

Husband going to be 66 - wife is 62 Husband is still working

Husband going to be 66 - wife is 62 Husband is still working - should he register for social security and then immediately withdraw and let his grow until 70 allowing his wife of 40 + years to receive 1/2 of his benefit and let her's grow until she is 70

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 34 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

You have been doing your research and it has paid off. YES, this is the correct strategy and I only wish more people knew about it as the SSA does not publicize it. I wish you both well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If he turns 66 in July does he still have time to register?

Absolutely. In fact you can register as early as 90 days before your birthday.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last questions for today - can you sign up or register online?

Yes. On line at
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so very much - I appreciate it very much.

Please rate my answer ok or better. Otherwise I am not compensated for assisting you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You said we can apply for social security online - will we be able to suspend the benefits online. How quickly are you able to suspend them?

You have already thanked me for my work. Likewise, I have earned your positive rating. But unitl you rate me ok or better, I am not compensated. And I will be happy to provide you an answer to your latest question once you rate me.. Thanks for understanding.