Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level

I am 63 1/2 years old and would like to collect Social Security

I am 63 1/2 years old and would like to collect Social Security plus work two days a week making up to $25,600.00. Would I be penalized for working!
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Thank you for your question and thanks for using As you are under full retirement age your benefit would be reduced $1 for every $2 above $15120 per year.

This penalty works out to be about $436 per month.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using and have a happy, and safe 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site**