ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My son is Schizoaffective and with the current SS laws, he

My son is Schizoaffective and with the current SS laws, he is constantly in financial trouble. He can't make over $1000.00 per month and if he works for longer than 3 months, he is considered gainfully employed. Occasionally, he goes just over $1000 and is usually fired just after 3 months of employment. He can't make it on his own even though he works hard at it. He's very good with money and is continually going to school and/or looking for a job. He owes $13,000.00 over situations from 2006 and beyond. It is a mess stemming from way back. We've paid them $12,000 and a bit later they gave $9,000 back. Then they said we owed $17,000 but whittled it down to $13,000. We've been paying $600.00 per month for the last 4 years. I don't understand it. Recently, I have a friend that said a lot of people in Idaho are having to pay money back - as in an uncommon percent of Idahoans. Has it been found that Social Security is "cooking" the records or complicating things until people are paying more than actually required? What can I do about it?

Shawn P. Adamo :

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

I can't beleive that SS is cooking the records. I would contact your local congressman ans ask for help.