LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How will Obama Care affect Social Security and will it raise

Customer Question

How will Obama Care affect Social Security and will it raise the cost?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

If the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is not struck down by the US Supreme court, and if it is not dismantled by the parties next in power in the Congress, then seniors receiving social security and MediCare are in for a rude awakening. It is projected that the "ObamaDebacle" will result in lower payment to doctors which in turn will mean more doctors will refuse to treat MediCare patients, and those who do will have staggering long wait lists to be seen.

And that is far from all of the bad news. For a solid primer on the horrible effects of obamacare on social security, and the graying population in the US, you may care to read this informative article:

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/NCPA-Social-Security-Trustees-Briefing-2010.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply to Expert link if you have additional questions; and if you do, I ask that you please keep in mind that I do not know what you may already know or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

Please recognize that the rating system only gives me credit for working with you when you click one of the 3 stars/faces on the right (positive rating). Also, kindly rate me based solely on my service to you in understanding the law, and not based on whether my answer is what you were hoping to hear. I have no control over the how the law impacts your particular situation, and I trust that you can understand how it would be unfair for me to be punished by a (negative rating) ----the first 2 stars/faces----for having been honest with you about the law.

I wish you the best in 2012,

Doug