retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
16356563

I need a ss proof of income letter

Customer Question

I need a ss proof of income letter
Category: Social Security
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 years ago.

KUMI95 :

If you need proof that you are receiving income and/or services from Social Security, you can request a ”Proof of Income“ letter at this web site. This is sometimes called a ”budget letter,“ a ”benefits letter,“ or a ”proof of award letter.“

What is a Proof of Income Letter?

• The letter can be used as proof of your:

• income when you apply for a loan or mortgage;

• income for assisted housing or other state or local benefits;

• current Medicare health insurance coverage;

• retirement status;

• disability; and/or

• age.

• You can select the information you would like on it.

What You Should Know

• Your Proof of Income letter will arrive in the mail in about 10 days.

• It will be mailed to the address on file for you at Social Security.

• If you need proof sooner, contact your local Social Security Office.

• You can request a letter only for yourself. Family members must request their own letters.

• For security reasons, there is a 30 minute time limit to complete each page. You will be given notice when you are about to time out and can get more time to finish.

• You can read more about Social Security's Internet policy here.

Customer:

I am peter w diamond 8/26/40 ss #011329065 I need this letter for a housing unit I have been exceptrd in I would like this sent to this e-mail as soon as possible//I am ina rehab hospital at the moment thank you i need the one for 2012

retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience: 13 years experience in social security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot wait 10 days can you send it to this e-mail so i can print it I cannot get to the office since my stroke i have a new address 473 E Bridge Street Westbrook,Maine 04092
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
waiting for a reply

we cannot provide the letter, we can only provide you the information on how to obtain it.

YOU CAN ORDER IT NOW ONLINE

GO TO THIS LINK.

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/BEVE/main.html

If you need some evidence sooner and cannot go to the local office, you should contact the bank where you have your social security deposited and have them fax or email you your last three statements showing how much you receive,

Expert:  Shawn P. Adamo replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

You can go online but they say it takes 10 days to receive the letter back (my clients have found that to be about right) . If you are willing to drive to your local SS office you can leave with it in your hand today.