Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

What is the fastest way to receive Federal (Disability) Social

Customer Question

What is the fastest way to receive Federal (Disability) Social Security? I have now exhausted all California State Disability Funds (SDI). I have a friend who is blind and only has one arm, and it still took him 2 years to get Federal Social Security. How can I avoid these lengthy waiting periods? Is there a way to apply that is better than another?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.

AlexiaEsq. :

*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

AlexiaEsq. :

Hi, the best way is to have iron clad strong objective and legally acceptable proof that you have medical impairments that restrict you to such a major extent in all of the functional aspects needed for all occupations in the national or regional economy, that you can not do any job, nor your prior job. Once you have that proof, you will win expeditiously. If your treatment record is sketchy or your doctor has poor notes, that is often what one needs to overcome, be it by getting a new doctor and treating with him long enough that his opinion on capacities or functional tasks holds a lot of water with the SSA, or by getting the current doctor to record more details regarding what you can and can not do. So, for a faster positive award, you should build your evidence NOW.

AlexiaEsq. :

If you are not studied up on the functional tasks needed for the various occupations out there that the SSA relies on, you may want to study up on that, read all of the relevant Social Security Rulings, as well as POMS, put out by the SSA, for starters.

AlexiaEsq. :

If you don't think that is your speed, your best bet is an SSD attorney. They work on contingency, without a retainer.

AlexiaEsq. :

And their fees are rather minimal in the end, and determined by the SSA.

AlexiaEsq. :

Hope this clarifies and I wish you the best. If anything in my answer is unclear, please hit REPLY and let me know which part needs some follow up. Please also know that your expressed satisfaction with my answer is my top priority and my time here today with you, supports my volunteer work for the Disabled in the U.S.

Experience: 19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is PMOS?
POMS. It stands for Program Operations Manual System. Here is a link to it:

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/
Expert:  Shawn P. Adamo replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the sooner you apply the sooner you may receive benefits. it is not unusual for an initial denial. Persevearance is the key.

My suggestion is to START the process while investigating how you can "shortcut the period".

Here is a link to get you started TODAY: http://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/

If this does not answer your question please let me know. Also let me know if you have additional questions.

This is my full time job and I only get paid if you accept my answer. We work on the trust system at JA.

If you understand my answer and have no more questions, please accept and please eave positive feedback (if so inclined). Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if you answered my question in the first place. I got this email this morning and don't know if I gave you an ADDITIONAL 20 or 30 dollars, or if I have already paid you and tipped you too. It is not clear yet.
Apparently you have accepted the other experts answer. Have a great memorial day weekend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks for your time. I will have another question for you soon, but not until after Memorial Day. Thank you for serving our country (if you did).

Best regards,

Stacey
NP. Feel free to ask for Shawn Adamo
Hi Stacey, you are very welcome. I am the Social Security lawyer that actually provided your answer. And yes, although not military myself, my family is all military (both vets and actives) and I handle a pro bono program for financially strapped veterans having difficulty proving disability to the SSA (typically it is because their SSD insurance ran out long ago, they became disabled long ago, they didn't get proper treatment long ago, and they only just decided, years later to brave the SSD process, and prove a past fact of disability on very little existing evidence - it is a challenge, but so worthwhile!). Thank you for visiting, I am unsure how the lines got crossed here, causing confusion perhaps as to what expert assisted you, but in any event, I am happy to assist you at anytime in the future. Have a terrific Memorial Weekend.

Sincerely, Alexia Esq.