dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Can I draw off of my ex-husbands social security? I am drawing

Can I draw off of my ex-husband's social security? I am drawing social security and so is he. We are divorced, married ten years and neither one of us remarried.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. As a former spouse, you are entitled to receive one half of what your ex receives. but it only makes sense if his one half is higher than what you already receive. so it sounds like your earnings would still be more as you cannot combine benefits. Sorry. Rarely does the SSA gets it right but it appears that this time they did. thanks for understanding.

I wish you well. Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.