dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I was born in 1947. At what age can I retire, receive full

I was born in 1947. At what age can I retire, receive full benefits, work part-time (no cap on earnings) and have money coming in from another pension? Will the other pension affect my social security benefits that I earned?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
At age 66 you can collect what is known as your FRB, full retirement benefit. But there is an earnings cap of $14160 per year until you are age 67. So you can start at age 66 with the understanding that if you work, you have the earnings cap until you are 67. Regardless, the pension is not considered earned income like wages are. So regardless of whether you start collecting at 66 67, the pension has no impact.
Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid unless you accept.