Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

I received a Request for Employment Information OMB NO> 0938-0787 Why?

I received a Request for Employment Information OMB NO> 0938-0787
Why? What is it? I have no claim...also, I requested enrollment in part B Medicare several weeks ago, filled out forms...I've received nothing to indicate it was received..My name isXXXXX zip code 89134

What's required of me and why????
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 4 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

Hi, Cheryl, do you collect retirement or any other benefit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I receive survivor benefits from my husband's FAA retirement and I have my own FAA reitrement as well
I presume you are 65+.

Are you working anywhere?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Cheryl, OK just a couple of more questions.

How old are you?
What insurance, if any, did you have up until now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I turned 65 in October, Have GEHA... High Option. applied for & got Medicare part A. I was in the middle of eye surgery at the time; couldn't wait for part B & paid out-of-pocket for surgery...applied for part B the end of October.
Thank you Cheryl,

OK, they are likely trying to ensure that you HAD coverage when you applied for Medicare. This is because if you applied in Oct., the month OF your birthday, you do not get coverage until November. That means Oct., when you were eligible for coverage, you did not have it. For those without coverage elsewhere, that could lead to a penalty in the pricing of their medicare premium. However, if you had group insurance, that is an exception to the penalty rule.

I hope this helps clarify for you.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Feel free to follow up after, if you need clarification. An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again. A BONUS is a wonderful way to tell the expert her time and effort are appreciated. I wish you the best in your future.