Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My Social Security Disability check did not come this month.

My Social Security Disability check did not come this month. What should I do?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 5 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

Good morning, I would immediately call my local SS field office OR,(NNN) NNN-NNNNand advise them. Errors DO happen, and they can very much disrupt bill paying and our basic survival needs, if that is the only income. If it is a hard check via mail, I'd call at the 3rd late day if it is a business day. If it is direct deposit, I'd typically call the next business day after it failed to appear. You need to know if it was a computer or mailing glitch or if there is a different issue that you need to jump on.

I hope this helps clarify for you.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Feel free to follow up after, if you need clarification. An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again. A BONUS is a wonderful way to tell the expert her time and effort are appreciated. I wish you the best in your future.