Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

My SSDI check did not get deposited into my account this month-

My SSDI check did not get deposited into my account this month- where is it?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

When was it due, as far as you know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was due at the latest 8:00am this morning via direct deposit. I checked with the bank and there are no "incoming" checks. could the Department Economic Employment Developement put a hold on my SSDI benifits without notifying me first? Could a branch called Work Incentives do this? I was discussing the possibilities of returning to work as a small business entepreneur when I had Q's about what would happen to my SSDI benifits and was sent over (via a phone conversation) To the Work Incentives program and she wanted me to sing releases for the IRS,DEED, my husband,the county,DVRS and SSDI. I was told that this was standard practice in order to "help" me. I never received the forms, and made it clear to DVRS that I wanted to drop out of the program. Some of the Q's asked in the conversatin with WIC were very inappropriate i.e. did I work more than 80 hrs a month setting up my business, was I SURE I wasn't already collecting income from this business (that Q was asked 5 times). Can they do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See the edited portion of my first reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there? are you working on a response or are we done?
Hi again,

It was due at the latest 8:00am this morning via direct deposit. I checked with the bank and there are no "incoming" checks. could the Department Economic Employment Developement put a hold on my SSDI benifits without notifying me first? Typically, there is notice first, but it could be that a hold was placed based on some ill-conceived notion from somthing you said to Work Incentives.

Could a branch called Work Incentives do this? Any SSA agent could report a fact that could cause a hold. However, notice goes out and you have 10 days, typically, to appeal it and to continue your payments while the appeal is going through.

I was discussing the possibilities of returning to work as a small business entepreneur when I had Q's about what would happen to my SSDI benifits and was sent over (via a phone conversation) To the Work Incentives program and she wanted me to sing releases for the IRS,DEED, my husband,the county,DVRS and SSDI. I was told that this was standard practice in order to "help" me. I never received the forms, How long ago was this?

and made it clear to DVRS that I wanted to drop out of the program.Were you ever IN the program?

Some of the Q's asked in the conversatin with WIC OK, WIC is different from SSA.

were very inappropriate i.e. did I work more than 80 hrs a month setting up my business, Why do you find that question to be inappropriate? What was your answer?

was I SURE I wasn't already collecting income from this business (that Q was asked 5 times). Can they do this?
Yes, potentially, but you can fight it. I would call the local office or(NNN) NNN-NNNNand find out what the hold is - it could be a mere glitch that coincidentally occurred shortly after your work discussions. However, if they say that based on the interview they made a finding that you were no longer disabled, then they will have to send you 'notice' and you can then appeal that determination.

I hope this helps clarify for you.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Feel free to follow up after, if you need clarification. An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again. A BONUS is a wonderful way to tell the expert her time and effort are appreciated. I wish you the best in your future.
Experience: 19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This conversation with work incentives took place on Tuesday or Wednsday this past week. when asked about the 80 hrs I said "no" i don't think I was In the program but I did sing a paper at DVRS to "sign me up and check it out-does that constitute being "in"? How is WIC different from Work Incentives? Don't they need to go through my Dr's to determine wether I can work or not?
So wether or not WIC flagged me or not my Benifits should have been continued until the appeal was completed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how is WIC different from work incentives?