dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

If you were born in 1948, retirement age is 66 for full social

Customer Question

If you were born in 1948, retirement age is 66 for full social security benefits, correct?
If so, at what age can you earn all you want, w/o penalty (lowering your monthly benefit)?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
You are correct that regular retirement age is 66 if you were born in 1948. But the SSA has termed full retirement age as age 67. And after your 67th birthday, there is no limit as to how much you can earn and it will not lower your monthly benefit.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely appreciate your abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.