dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am 57 year old. If I retire at 62, how much can I earn a

I am 57 year old. If I retire at 62, how much can I earn a year before being penalized.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Great quesetion as there is alot of confusion in this area. Note until you are 67, there is an earnings cap as to how much you can earn and still get SS. And it works this way: you can earn up to $14000 per year from wages. So this does not include income from interest, rents, etc but just wages. And for every two dollars over $14000, your SS check is reduced by one dollar.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.