dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I received a Federal Benefit Credit today in my Checking account

I received a Federal Benefit Credit today in my Checking account what is that and they will not take it back will they Kathryn J Throman XXX-XX-XXXX
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Have you applied for retirement?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no I work full time and I am not ready for retirement yet
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Thanks for information. The SSA has made a mistake confusing your account with some one else. And this can happen because, with electronic transfers,all you have to be is off one digit and a mistake has occurred. So pleased not use the funds because the SSA will quickly realize their error (of course quickly in the world of the SSA oils be six months) and then you will get a very nasty letter as if you did something wrong. Instead, you need to go to your local SSA office with your check statement and they will correct the error.nite, calling them is a waste of your time. Trust me. I have been there. Glad to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.