Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

My talk to text on my iphone is not working. IPhone 6, A day

Customer Question

My talk to text on my iphone is not working.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: IPhone 6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A day or so. I've turned the device off and back on. The curious thing is that when I touch speaker the sound bars activate as if I were talking but I'm not.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Is this a pay for service?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. Then check.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I told the previous person that I had tried that solution already. But, for you Randy, I'm doing it again.
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

okay, let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The same thing. I'm not inclined to spend another $20 to talk to you on the phone. I think $5.00 is enough for a simple answer.
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

okay, no problem. Those are only optional additional services in case you need them.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK, so what is the answer to my problem, please?
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.
  • Try these steps please>
  • Go to Settings > General > Siri and turn Siri OFF
  • Then Reset your device again by holding down the Power button and the Home button together until the apple logo appears, then wait for the iPhone to restart.
  • Once your iPhone is back on, go back into Settings > General > Siri and turn it back ON
  • Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure Siri is ON
  • Then check.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I followed your directions, except under Settings, Siri is not under General. It has it's own access.
I rebooted; went to Siri (it was automatically back on) and enabled Restrictions. It still does not talk to text.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Randy, are you still there?
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

yes, try a Reset of all settings from Settings → General → Reset → . Don’t worry, this will just reset the settings and all your data will be unaffected.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK; I've done this. I'm waiting. I notice that if I had Apple Pay cards, those would be removed. Did you know that?
Expert:  Randy replied 10 days ago.

no,

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, other than having to re--set things, talk to text doesn't work. Please refund the $5.00. I've spent enough on this for today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Really? Is the charge still $5.00?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My apple Music subscription was cancelled when I re-set my device. I can't believe you didn't warn me of this. PLEASE just refund the $5.00 and forget your service. It's totally unhelpful.