Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

Cant remember my passcode for Iphone 5. help, iphone 5.

Customer Question

cant remember my passcode for Iphone 5. help
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: iphone 5. about 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried using the usb cable to connect to itunes. but it says it cant as it is locked. i tired icloud but it says that the phone is not connected to the internet. tried hard restart. but doesnt work.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: think thats abot all
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Josh
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

In this case, you will need to turn the iPhone into Recovery Mode while it is connected to your computer and iTunes.

Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. (on your computer)

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 days ago.

I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.