Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

My phone will not turn on or off. It has the apple logo

Customer Question

My phone will not turn on or off. It has the apple logo appearing occasionally. THE
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: its a iPhone 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just within the hour
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: havent tried anything
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Randy replied 14 days ago.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 60 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.