Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I have an iPhone 5c. I forgot to charge it last night. I

Customer Question

I have an iPhone 5c. I forgot to charge it last night. I have been trying to charge it all day and it is not taking a charge. I presume I need a battery but is there anything else that would cause this? Also, is there a way for me to retrieve my voicemail and texts?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's an Iphone 5c, almost three years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I began this with all that information. Please review above.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like him to know all the info and questions above. It will save all of us time if he could just read what I wrote. Thanks.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Randy replied 26 days ago.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
It won't reboot. Apple logo does not appear. I get a drawing of a battery with red on the left end, a lighting signal and a plug signal. As mentioned I've been trying to charge it all day. Have used several different charges, including plugging into laptop as well as car. Took cover off.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
is that it? I paid $36 to get an answer within 24 hours? Not acceptable. I thought it was while I was sitting here. I'll take it to Apple in the morning but hoped you could help me now. Also, Pearl told me I was making a $5 deposit but what came up on PayPal was $36. I would like a $31 refund. What a scam!
Expert:  Samuel White replied 26 days ago.

It could be a faulty charger or bad battery. Since you tried the reset that was suggested to you how long has it been on the charger?