ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Sorry, it's not tv, but did I hear Samsung galaxy 5 cell

Customer Question

Sorry, it's not tv, but did I hear Samsung galaxy 5 cell phones were giving problems now too??
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Purchased 7/16 & yes
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I only have a Samsung cell phone.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had problems for about a mo. or more, and I purchased through Wal Mart. I've talked with 611 several times when phone began to over heat. I went to purchase a new battery & learned the phones are too new too have them in stores. They advised me to call Samsung directly. I did about a week ago & they advised me to go see their tech at a nearby Best Buy. I did, but Samsung tech had gone for evening. A Best Buy, employee said he was very familiar & only deleted 1 app. I explained the tel. rep. had me download app that he could see from behind all I had downloaded, at the tel. advice. I could not believe the cp would accept so many downloads which I had shared with the tel. Samsung rep. He said I had too much pulling the battery down & it needed cleaned off. The B Buy employee said he could only reset the phone back to factory & I would lose all my 70 some contacts. He explained what I needed to do to get them printed off & sent me away. He said he would be glad to reset if I returned. I have to buy more equip. per his instructions. This is my only tel.
JA: Anything else you want the tv expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is his advice??
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I prefer a cp call, if possible. It is 7:20pm EST now. I am typing at a library computer. I cannot recall my email password, but can go directly into my gmail account on my cp, so I turned it on but no info from Samsung. I understand I need to wait about 4 hrs. Problems typing due to a stroke. Thanks for patience.
Sometime in July or Aug. I downloaded an app on cp that constantly makes noise, so I just now turned off my cp while typing this in library. It's very quiet in here as few people tonite. I purchased on 7/16/16 I believe in Wal Mart & they use Family Mobile to answer cp questions, 611. They have been very helpful. I loved the Samsung, as I'd never had one until 7/16 & a good friend highly recommended. I hunted for a Samsung 7, but could not find. Wal Mart had this Galaxy OM5, and I liked it. I think the 1st thing I downloaded was something for he tel. portion. I wish I had not, as the whole format changed. I had a Wal Mart tech remove it, and some of it improved, but not everything. I suspect that is when the intermittent bird like noise began, I suspect. If not then, I do not know why all the noise. People comment & I try & remember to turn it off before an appointment.
About a mo. & a half ago or 2 mos. ago he battery began heating up & it gave me very pointed messages to fix it, down load this that & the other. I heard about the Samsung 7 overheating, so began to wonder if it was going to be a problem with mine. Some days, I was spend the entire day downloading, cleaning, up-dating, etc. all it's commands. When it was very hot and the messages seemed more demanding, I called the Samsung tech. early in the am & we talked for 3 hrs. He instructed & at the end, I understood I was supposed to turn off phone & he was going to call back in 5 or 10 min. which he never did. So I assumed I failed to remember an instruction. I kept the phone near me the next 2 hrs. but he never called. I then called the original Samsung No. & it rang about 6 times & hung up. I called the 2nd No. & the same thing. I felt then I had probably been on the cp too long with Samsung. Then I decided to call 611 & explain. They apologized for Samsung & said to wait a
n hr. or so and call again. It was into the evening hr. & I decided not to call. I have been trying to deal with it & leave it off a lot to not ruin the battery. Samsung said I could go to Wal Mart & request a temp. cp so I could mail them my cp, but I could not imagine Wal Mart doing that, & haven't been to ask. I tried Best Buy first. Haven't purchased the attachments to the cp to print off my 70 some contacts.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the phone was bought at WalMart and it is having problems then WalMart should be able to give you a temporary phone whilst your own phone is sent away for investigation/warranty repair.