Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

My Samsung Galaxy Edge plus turns itself off when it is

Customer Question

My Samsung Galaxy Edge plus turns itself off when it is being charged. I used to use my iphone's alarm to wake me in the morning. If I set the Galaxy's alarm to go off in the morning, it does not because the device has shut itself down. Can I stop this from happening?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.
  • Turn off your Samsung completely.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up and the Home buttons first, and then press and hold the Power key.
  • Keep the three buttons pressed and when ‘Samsung Galaxy’ shows, release the Power key but continue holding the other two.
  • Once the Android logo shows, release both the Volume Up and Home buttons.
  • The notice ‘Installing system update’ will show on the screen for 30 to 60 seconds before the Android system recovery screen is shown with its options.
  • Use the Volume Down key to highlight the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ and press the Power key to select it.
  • When the process is complete, use the Volume Down key to highlight the option ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

Now try charging your phone and check to see if it powers off.