Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

It crashed yesterday and I'm wondering if there is a faster

Customer Question

It crashed yesterday and I'm wondering if there is a faster way to restore than having to download the ios update that takes hours.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is and iPhone 5S and I think it's 2 years old, but I don't remember.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried holding the power and home button down until I see the apple symbol but it doesn't do anything after that. It would probably sit there like that for hours and not actually start up my phone, but I just turn it back off. I watched it for 5 minutes once and it didn't do anything so I turned it off. I hooked up to iTunes and have unsuccessfully tried to update and/or restore because the ios update takes hours and I was within seconds of it being done and the internet connection went out for just long enough for the stupid iTunes to start the process all over again. So I'm very frustrated with Apple for making me have to download something when I just want to get my phone up and running again.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When the iOS faults on your phone, you have two options: The first option is to download the firmware as you tried earlier. The 2nd option is to throw the phone away. The only thing you can do is update the firmware. If you wish, I can remote into your system and do this for you.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay. I will just keep waiting on the download then.

Okay, thank you. That is the only way to fix the issue.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com