Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Second opinion] - I have described in detail what the

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have described in detail what the problem is. NOW can you tell me why I am getting the 554 error on all my email that do not go to gmail.com or aol.com. Any other I get this 554 Error. HELP
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What you describe could be any number of things.

But since you have spent a lot of effort, and since the problem is widespread but NOT universal, it could be, I'm sorry to say, that your email address has been listed by some servers, but not by all servers, as a spamming (or, suspected-of-spamming) address.

There's a way to test the 'spam listed' possibility:

1. open a web browser other than Chrome. (Internet Explorer would do, or Firefox.)

2. log in to your email via website address, e.g. if you have an AOL address, use

www.aol.com

and click on Sign In, etc.

3. send some test emails. Wait a few minutes to a half hour. Any bounce-backs?

The 554 error code is, unfortunately, non-indicative and very general. Some servers even send a 554 error 'bounce' email, when the error sensed is actually quite specific. So it is unfortunately quite possible that you have a specific problem but the servers are not telling what it is (which, for the spam-suspected, might be standard procedure.)

If the test with the login from another browser shows no problem with bounce-backs, then your Chrome browser itself is the problem. And you should reset it, disable ALL add-ons, and piece together whether it is deeply rooted in the browser installation on your computer, etc. That can be done, one way or another, however the above test turns out... unless it turns out your emails bounce-back when sent from your email account in other browsers also.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.