Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

The iphone 6s drops calls on my Verizon dsl service I had

Customer Question

The iphone 6s drops calls on my Verizon dsl service I had the phone tested by apple. in addition I hooked up my MCell new and I am still dropping calls is there portforwarding in the DSL router needed
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 1.5 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned off wifi assist and just used mcell and vise versa reboot router phone mcall devices same issue
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Samuel your expert. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you dropping calls on wifi assist or just dropping calls in general?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wifi assist and if i turn that off and turn them cell the same thing happens

This just started happening?

If at any point you would prefer me to call you directly I can. Other wise I am glad to try and help via chat!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It has been happening all along sometimes it is ok for a day but the issue never goes away as I am chatting them cell just lost signal the mcell is new and works fine att tested it I believe it woes or port forwarding in the Verizon dal router

The problems you are having are odd to be happening together. Wifi controls wifi assist and your sim controls cell calling. Unless your mcall is the type to hook up through the internet. Is it by chance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the mcell uses a data port on the router

If it has been happening all along it sounds like a service issue. I will open this up to other reps to see if they can assist you better!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be your device technician for the day. Okay it seems that you may have a bad antenna going on. This is likely to happen over due time of dropping the phone or etc.. I would take it to a cell phone repair store and have the antenna replaced which should solve the problem. I am sure this will fix the problem. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The cell phone was tested by apple on Monday it is certified passed all functions

Well I have fixed this problem on apple phones before for customers who were having the same issue as you and it was solved. But its your choice to have it fixed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is your plan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Apple tested the phone on Monday everything passed

Like I said I would get it tested by a cell phone repair store to be certain. I will bet you that a new antenna is needed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Terry apple certified technicians tested this phone on Monday I have to believe the certified repair techs at apple I am an apple owner 10 years. Like I said it has got to be port forwarding settings in the router, so no solution I am not happy please return my funds Thank You Peter Blumer

Well I am certified tech for all phones and been fixing phones for over 4 years. A second opinion would not hurt. But if you stuck on the fact that Apple Techs know it all its on you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No refund my money end of subject I want my funds back I have a copy of the digital report the tester spit out I believe that done