Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Blackberry link has stopped working --- meaning that I am

Customer Question

blackberry link has stopped working --- meaning that I am not able to sync my MS outlook contacts and calendar to by BB Classic
1) is there any other third party software that can do this
2) can you help?
i will pay if you help me actually provide an alternate and help me sync up my BB classic with my outlook contacts and outlook
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Blackberry?

Also lease explain exactly what stopped working with it and when this occured?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BB classic is 1 year old
Blackberry link, the software which allows "syncing" between outlook (contacts and calendar) suddenly stopped working.whatever i did to resolve this is in my first email
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the BB link s/w doesnt even start- gives error saying "BB link has stopped working" " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify it a solution is available"it started happening 4 days ago,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i need to take a break, i have another call - can NOT communicate with you. THis call with need approximately 30-45 minutes
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is a problem that should have resolved itself within minutes. But 4 days, that means there is a problem with the phone.

Have you tried turning off the phone and then restarting it? If so, you will need to take that phone to a store that sells or fixes them because usually this is a memory IC that has failed. Whats happening, is that the device cant continue running the program that makes it operate correctly, this happens when a memry location in the that IC(chip) fails, it just gets stuck. Since it is so new, and if its just under 1 year old, they will fix this for free;-)

I wish I had better news for you , I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i am an expert software programmer with background (10 years ago) of C++/Unix and therefore know/guess all standard procedures for fixing such problems.the problem is not with my BB. The BB link s/w doesnt even start (the process/application dies) on the laptop with BB NOT connected.it has to do with BB link software.my question is - do you know the solution or have an alternate software which will do the same (syncing of outlook calender and contacts) with my BB
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Oh, I see, I also use C++ for robotics programming;-)

Ok, I know of a site that I can access for that stuff. They aren't open til tomorrow but I will get that for you so you can re load the program for the BB link and see if that works. It may? If not though then the issue will be hardware related. I have seen this a few times and most times it is software related but a few times its been the hardware that will no longer send and receive as it should. But I will get that for you and we will hope it works.

I will be in touch tomorrow after 10 am EST, US.

Please rate my service kindly.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael