JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2-
JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2-,
94527327

My child forgot his pattern and pass code to get into his

Customer Question

My child forgot his pattern and pass code to get into his Samsung s7 edge. Did a factory reset and he can't remember his email account and password ***** So his phone is locked
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I do not understand, how the phone is locked after the factory reset, when you first setup the phone, you will get the screen to connect with the wireless network of your house, after that you will get next screen for the email address and password, there is an option to skip that step, as you can add the email address and password ***** If you mean that, you cannot use other features without the email address then, it is another issue, please clarify the problem once more.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After the factory reset, we've followed all the steps. However, my children do not remember the email they set up for their younger sibling. And the child with the phone cannot remember his password ***** made for the email account. They only set this up to be able to download games.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have no option to skip. We called our wireless provider tech support but told us there's nothing they could do. Told us it's a Google thing. To help from factory resetting and selling lost or stolen phones.

Can you tell me, how did you factory reset the phone ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Home screen. Up volume. Power button. Pressed simultaneously. Wipe data/factory reset. Reboot

Ok, what exactly do you see on your phone screen at present ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Picking kiddos up right now from school. Don't have the affected phone in hand

OK, no problem. Let me know, when you are free.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Welcome...with a start button

Ok,touch the start button and let me know, what do you see next.

Remote support is only for PC.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wifi
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
May I get a refund then? Plus, may this be discussed over the phone for faster service?

OK, you can connect with your wifi or skip that step, reply me back after that step. Don't worry, I have not accepted the remote service offer, so there is no charge for that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Terms and conditions next

Did you connected with the Wifi or skipped it ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Connected. Can't skip

Yes, there is an option to skip that, just look at the bottom right screen of the phone. Anyway, I am giving you a link below, where you will see the step by step instructions to setup the phone. Now, while you watch the video, you will see that there is a skip option just at the right bottom of the screen, So, when you get the screen to enter your email address, just skip it temporarily or touch the create a new account, so that you can create a new account and use that account. As your child has forgotten the email account and password ***** it is not possible to recover an email account, when someone forgets the email address. Let me know, if you get stuck on any step or finally how it goes for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDgOvoJZTY

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not setup that way
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didn't work

Ok, after accepting the terms and condition, what option do you get in the next step ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Verify your account.GoogleThis device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.Now that's where we can't go beyond because my 8 year old son doesn't remember his email and password

Do you get any option on that screen , except that message ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No other options.

OK, do you see a back arrow at the left bottom of the screen ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok, touch that and let me know, what do you see ?

You have to go back to the wireless connection step then, turn off the wifi and after that continue , you should get a new screen to enter the email address, in that step skip it and go to the next step, if it fails then, follow the steps from the link below to clear the cache partion and try again.

The device shown on thie video is S6, but the steps will be same for your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-aHwdjAZA

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Won't let me go further without wifi.

Sorry for the late reply, I have posted two solutions and I think you have just tried the first one, did you tried the second one, where I asked you to clear the cache partition and then reset the phone ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did. Still asks for email and password. Can't continue without the wifi.

Do you see a turn off icon at the top right of the wifi connection screen ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing could be done. No other features to check.

Yes, I am out of ideas , as I am not able to understand, why you are not getting the normal features to skip and turn off etc on your setup screen. It will better to take the phone to any Samsung service center, because if any update is needed they can do it and help you to setup the phone.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 8 months ago.

the provider is correct.

it is a new android anti theft feature ( one that i expect they will give up on at some point since it screws up more people in this situation than it will ever stop thieves)

if you remember the gmail account that you used to set the phone up initially you can recover or change the password ***** this link

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

If you do not know the gmail address that you originally set the phone up with there is absolutely no way to get the phone working again.

You can try getting it replaced under samsung warranty support at this number

1-***-***-****

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2- replied 8 months ago.

This is what happens when you purchase computers for children. How about teaching him/her responsibility first?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
f**k off Bruce.

I'm just trying to give you the benefit of sage advice. I can't help but notice that everyone else is "opting out." Isn't that mysterious?