Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.
30037186

I received a message on my cell phone that there is a

Customer Question

I received a message on my cell phone that there is a modification to be made due to security problems and that I have to install it right away.
I tried but failed because it wants me to start with my 4 digit password.
I don't recall a 4 digit pw for this and have tried one of my favorite 4 digit passwords.
But no luck. and a message came on that said "that's one try"
This leads me to fear that they may shut me down.
Losing my cell phone would be a major life disaster.
What can I do?
Thank you
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On your iPhone, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If that does not work, please try the following:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not yet have what I need. On the cell phone program, they want me to have 4 digit number. I have been working an working, but all I can get is the 8 digit for software on the car program which does not work on the cell phone question. Any idea what to do?

I'm sorry. Did you see / try the steps in my previous reply above?

What's the model of your cell phone?

Do you mean you cannot use the phone at all?

Do you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or a Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, and fix your iPhone directly through your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,