Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

My iphone 5 keeps flashing the apple logo on and off ever

Customer Question

My iphone 5 keeps flashing the apple logo on and off ever 4-5 seconds. I have followed some procedures by holding down the home button for 3 seconds, plugging in a power cable, holding down the power and home button for 8 seconds, release the power button and hold the home button for 10 more seconds. That gets me the connect to iTunes screen. I am at work and do not have access to iTunes. What will happen once I connect to iTunes at home later today?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This morning. I think it is happening because I dropped it in the parking lot. I have a hardened case; so, I am a little upset
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been 10 minutes since I did the procedure I mentioned in my first message and now it is back to flashing the apple symbol.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: iphone 5
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: everything I know is in this message string. actually, make sure he knows I am at an office and don't have access to my iTunes account.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will need to connect it to iTunes and it will either restart the phone or restore it so it is working again.

Once you connect it and open iTunes it will popup with a message informing you what you need to do which you will need to undertake.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I pretty much figured that out.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, I saw only that as your question "What will happen once I connect to iTunes at home later today?"

Can you tell me please what further information you would like?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did you read my entire message from before we were connected?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Yes I did.

I put it below

"My iphone 5 keeps flashing the apple logo on and off ever 4-5 seconds. I have followed some procedures by holding down the home button for 3 seconds, plugging in a power cable, holding down the power and home button for 8 seconds, release the power button and hold the home button for 10 more seconds. That gets me the connect to iTunes screen. I am at work and do not have access to iTunes. What will happen once I connect to iTunes at home later today?"

Possible something else did not come through? No problem, just tell me please what additional information you would like to know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing you can really do at this point. I feel I have given a CC for nothing. the only question that might remain is you said that once connected to iTunes, the phone will either "restart" or "restore". I assume a restart means it will be where it was before this happened. The restore option will reset everything to factory settings? I have icloud backup; so, it should not be too bad as far as having current data.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

The restart will do a full restart but will not touch the firmware, a restore will be then it will restore from the iCloud backup (it will lead you on this)

I am sorry you feel I provided you with nothing.... I am really confused though as I answered the question you asked, and have offered to answer any other questions so I am not really sure why you are so dissapointed with me?

Can you explain this please as I am willing to answer anything else you have, its just not clear what you were expecting apart from having your questions answered.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is not you....it is me. I am anxious and frustrated that this has happened. Yes, you definitely answered my question.
Do you know much will I be charged?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I cannot see any payment information, but you can email customer service on***@******.*** and they can tell you the cost or you also see it here as part of the question value

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome

Please remember the service rating (via one of the stars at the top then submit) so I am credited for this

Thank you