Rusty, Technician
Experience:  Specialize in Android and iPhones. How may I help you?

I have an IPhone 5. When I set the alarm for a morning

Customer Question

I have an IPhone 5. When I set the alarm for a morning wakeup which is only when traveling, I never set the Snooze but it sets itself and goes off every day thereafter. Q: How is the Snooze item unselected?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I do not use the alarm that often, only when traveling. I got it in April 2014.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Looking in the IPhone manuals (no advice there). Rebooting the phone several times.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I bought it in April 2014, so 2 years+
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not today. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. The snooze feature won't make the alarm go off the next day, that goes off in a few minutes. When you open the clock and touch the + to make an alarm, look below the part where you set the time. What is set for your repeat setting? Repeat is what is going to make it go off every day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The repeat is set for NEVER. When hitting +, it goes to ADD Alarm page and what is displayed is the current time of day.
I cannot get the green button to go off at the Snooze setting. what am I missing in your instructions?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

When you touch the alarm on/off button, does it turn off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It appears in the opening page when it goes off and I just tap it to turn it off. What button?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is our conversation now over? To get an answer, I must pay more? I did not see that in the preview of services.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

There is an on/off button, that looks like a switch. It's so that you can set multiple alarms, and turn them all off or on with that button. It's a lot like the wifi switch that turns wifi on and off.

No, you only have to pay once.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have that on my phone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to sign off now, have physical therapy appt. How do I connect with you at a later time or do I have to start all over again?
Thanks, Rusty
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

No, you do not have to start over. Bookmark this page, and you can get back to me here. I'll consult with the other experts and you should have a reply when you return.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

This is the button I'm talking about. It turns off each individual alarm. I was walking you through on an older software version, but this is where you should see yours.