Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert
Experience:  Verizon Tech Manager multi-unit
95461549

My Lumia 640 is stuck in flight mode. I have completed a

Customer Question

Hi, my Lumia 640 is stuck in flight mode. I have completed a hard reboot but my phone is still in flight mode. Any suggestions please?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 3 months ago.

Hello I am Samuel your expert and I will help you with this!

You did a hard reset so it erased all of the information on the device?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Samuel, yes all data was erased but when I went through the set up process, flight mode was still on and unable to be turned off.

It is a software issue and it has a fix though not super simple.

Steps to follow:

• Download "Lumia software recovery tool", Click the below link OR search on the web

SoftPedia Downlaod Link

• Once installed,Open the tool
  • When it notifies, connect your phone
  • It checks for the latest update for your phone.
  • Click install, first the update gets downloaded into your PC then it will be installed

The update will be around 1.5 Gb, you can disconnect your phone once the download starts. You need to reconnect it once the download is completed.

Then click install.

A big hassle here is that the download size pretty big and the max speed would be around 200 kb, even though you use high speed internet connection.

No option here,we need to download it anyway :)

Don't panic, you phone may restart few times during the installation process.

At max, it will take 20-25 mins for installation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Samuel, I'll try this.

I can still answer questions but this looks like the only option... I am sorry

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time.
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance. Thank you, Samuel

Please rate!! Thanks!

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Samuel,I haven't managed to complete this as yet. I hope to finish this today and will get back to you as soon as I have sorted this out.Regards
Kevin

Sounds good Kevin. If this does not work I am afraid it means that it is a hardware related issue which I can not support via chat. Hardware issues require a tech to be hands on. So I have provided the best information and time that I can! I hope things work out well.

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much! Samuel

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Samuel, I have had no luck in restoring the phone as per your instructions. Thanks fot your help, but I have had to take the phone to a technician here inmMelbourne.
Kind regards
KEVIN

I was getting the feeling it was hardware related but thats my jobs to troubleshoot it and rule out any software related issues! Hope all goes well! Please again don't forget to rate me so they know I did try and try to help! Please and thank you Kevin!

Samuel

I see you have not given any feedback, is there anything I personally could do or have done to help you. The feedback is not there to rate how happy you are with the solution (which in this case is completely out of my control) it is a rating of the time and effort I personally put in to help you attempt to fix the issue or rule out any software issues. I know it is stressful when these devices don't work after we spend so so much on them but it honestly is not a reflection on me and my service to you. The little guys like me always get the brunt of the dissatisfaction which stinks because we are not the cause... Thank you for your time and feedback if I can do anything else for you I am happy to!