Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I fell asleep last night before I could move my iphone 6s

Customer Question

I fell asleep last night before I could move my iphone 6s away from a bottle of water and I think when the ice melted from the bottle it got in my phone. Both my bottom speakers and ear speakers aren't working. But the sound works with headphones and the phone rings if someone calls me. The touch id function isn't working, and there's this section at the bottom of the screen that looks as though the phone might be cracked but its not. Please help!!
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is an indication that some water got inside the phone. The way to fix this is to place the phone in side a paper bag with about 2 cups of dry uncooked instant rice and cover the phone with the dry rice.

This process takes about three days to fully wick out all the excess moisture. Make sure the phone is turned OFF during this process!

This will work about 85% of the time on your iPhone;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Tech Michael