Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.

I have a blackberry, annd when i go to charge it a red light

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: i have a blackberry
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: annd when i go to charge it a red light appears and i do a battery pull and then it seems like its going to load then just shuts off
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: battery pull
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I think that your Blackberry's rechargeable battery might need replacing. Where does the red light appear? when you try to charge it.

The symptom of shutting off soon after turning On, is consistent with the rechargeable battery having failed. All rechargeable batteries fail eventually, usually after at least 1 1/2 years of usage, owing either to failure to hold enough charge, or failure to deliver enough voltage to power the device.

How old is the battery of the Blackberry in question ?

If you like I can point you to several sources for a replacement, online, and with a choice among the most economical buys.

Let me know, please, by Reply To Expert, and I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its a blackberry curve
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it was working fine last night and then it died and i went to go charge it and it dident work
Customer: replied 2 months ago.