Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I have this really old blackberry curve 8310 i havent used

Customer Question

i have this really old blackberry curve 8310 i havent used in years and i would like to put it to use again , when i charge only a constant red light appears but it wont power up - any way to fix this? or just throw it out
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 20 min
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none i'm not sure where i should start, tried the usual battery out in
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: the phone is 6 years old i just want to know if it is possible to save without being a rocket scientist
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 6 years !
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Old equipment can fail in various ways. There is one way I have in mind, that your Blackberry may have failed, that is relatively easy and cheap to repair. With that in mind:

- Does your Blackberry have a charger that plugs into it directly?

If so, please try connecting it to the charger, and then powering it On. Does that make it work, powering it On while it is on the charger?

If so, then the battery is all that has failed. And in that case, replacing the battery would get it working again.

...(system bug caused posting, apologies.)...