ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I accidentally backed up an iPhone to an old date of april.

Customer Question

hi I accidentally backed up an iPhone to an old date of april. I bought a second hand phone in april but I never backed up my phone at all. can I get my photos back
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: it is an appleiphone 5s.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: once the phone was restored the set up function has appeared but ihave not set up yet, just in case there is a way to retrieve data
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I do not have any backup on icloud or itunes
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
as mentioned above all my data is on my phone only with no back up. I wish to reverse the restore backup function as I did this accidentally (Ihave a broken arm and pressed the wrongkey). I tried to cancel but couldn't as once the restore back up started I couldn't stop it.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

If you have a backup available from a previous point then you can restore to that date.

Without a suitable backup, there is no other recovery method.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for your response. It is a bit disappointing though as I clearly outlined the issue that I had no back up and yet was told that the smart phone expert can solve this for me. Based on the fact that I was advised that they could resolve my problem I agreed to pay $50. Now I get a response that I cannot restore the data which is completely different to earlier advise. I should hope that in this case I only get charged $5 for the question and not the additional $45 for the advise.Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Your satisfaction is guaranteed and I have been paid nothing - your money remains in your JustAnswer account.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.