Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Smartphone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs

It hung on the Apple logo and then I did an Apple reboot but

Customer Question

It hung on the Apple logo and then I did an Apple reboot but have lost all my photos
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Last week and have tried to fix, but failed to recover photos
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A number of software programs
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: EaseUS, TenorShare, PhonePaw
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to recover my photos from April to June 2016. I did not have these backed up on the iPhone 6The phone appears to be have reset to the factory settings as all my other data is lost except data in the Cloud. The photos were not saved in my Cloud
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried a number of different pieces of Software and they have only been able to find photos which were in my Shared folder or in my Photo Stream
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The major software that perhaps could help only seem to work if you can search an external drive. However the iPhone appears as a device not a drive letter (see attached image).
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried various PC tools to recover the files -see tools tried.jpg image of the one tried
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 2 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be your device technician for the day. Before I go on I would like you to rate me on my services after or if we figure out the situation. Now let's move forward.
There is a app called photo recovery. You should try using it first to try restore some of the photos. And there is another app you can use which you would have to download. With this app you would have to hook the phone up to your PC to recover them. I believe the app is called Dr. Recovery.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never of these Apps exist in either the UK or US app site?This has not helped at all!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither of these Apps exist - I have searched and can not fnd them. Even searching on the internet there are no links or reviews of these apps. So thanks for your comments but this has not answer d my question.
It's called iPhone photo recovery is one to retrieve lost photos or you can restore them on iTunes.
You can regain your deleted iPhone pictures by extracting the previous iTunes backup file, if you've synced your device with iTunes. To restore information from an iTunes backup, you need first connect your iOS device to the computer which you normally sync with, then click the File menu and select Devices > Restore from Back up
If you have no backup files, don't worry! There is the last but most efficient way. You can use EaseUS MobiSaver, a third-party iPhone photo recovery tool to directly scan and recover deleted images from your iPhone. Besides, it can also be used to backup your existing data on iPhone in readable format.
Step 1. Connect iPhone to computer
Connected your iPhone to computer and EaseUS MobiSaver will soon recognized it. Choose the device in "Recover from iOS Device" mode and click "Start" to continue
Notes: If your device is iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPad 1, iPod touch 4, please enter into "Advanced Mode" to achieve amazing recovery quality. You can make it by following the video tutorial in EaseUS MobiSaver
Step 2. Preview and pick out photos you want
After step1, EaseUS MobiSaver will scan and list all the iPhone files in well-organized categories on the left. Choose "Photos & Videos" category to find and preview all the media data in the scanning result. Then you can pick out the pictures you want. Here all listed files contain both the lost and existing files on iPhone. If you only want to preview the deleted images, you can choose "Only display the deleted items" at the top-right corner of the software.
Step 3. Recover the deleted photos on iPhone
Finally, mark those pictures you want and click "Recover" to export these images. Here you need specify a folder to save the recovered photos on your computer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks but if you had looked at the image I attached (tools tried.jpg) I have already tried EaseUS and it didn't help or resolve the problem. I have tried many other similar desktop software downloads.I also stated in my original comments that I don't have a back up.So no this has not helped or resolved my question.
Did you even try iTunes
I don't understand why your iCloud did not store these photos. ICloud automatically stores everything on your phone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did try iTunes.My iCloud was full and so I had disabled it.My understanding is the data is likely to still be on the hard disk but I don't know how to access the hard disk? If I could I could then use some advanced data recovery tools.
Let me try to figure out how I can get you in the hard drive on your phone.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The issue is the iPhone does not default as a drive with a letter (e.g. h:\) and because of this many of the advanced data recovery programmes can not help as they need to view it as a drive to be able to help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there - thanks for your help. But as this has not changed anything and I haven't been able to access any additional photos on my phone; I am going to request a refund.