Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I cannot sync my Blackberry contacts and calendar with my

Customer Question

Hi there. I cannot sync my Blackberry contacts and calendar with my PC, which is a HP machine. When I attempt to sync through Blackberry Link the sync aborts and I receive the following message "Program error in line 1053 in ./OLT TransBase.cpp"
Would you please advise me how to fix this problem.
Thnaks and regards
Robert
Robert Trenberth
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will need to do a reinstallation of Blackberry Link as the installation has become corrupted.

To do this, click start, control panel, programs, uninstall a program

Click on Blackberry link and click uninstall.

Then restart the computer

Once done, reinstall it again and it should now function

You can install it here http://global.blackberry.com/en/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

Let me know the results please Robert

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard I have downloaded BlackberryLink but my device still will not communicate with my PC. It is asking me to reload and return my device to factory settings, but I fear this will wipe out my calendar and contacts directories. What should I do now?I should also note I sent you a reply email setting out the above problem immediately after you sent your answer, which is two days ago, to which I have had no reply.I look forward to hearing back from you.Regards. Robert
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi Robert,

This was the only reply received sorry, looks like something went wrong when you last replied.

If it is saying it has to wipe it, you have to do this, you will lost contacts and calendar but there is no way around this sorry, this is the source of the error.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am another Expert please try to install the BBlink software on another PC if you have access to see if you can now sync. I want to make sure that the problem is not with your HP machine.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Please reply to me Robert, we have an expert answering a question out of category.

The software is fine, nothing to do with it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard, thanks for your help, but I think I'll stop here and change my Blackberry for an iphone or ipad as it's getting too hard to work with BB's out of date technology,RegardsRobert
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

No problem Robert and yes they really fell behind.

I'll leave this question open in the event you change your mind but ask please for now that you rate my service via one of the stars on the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you