Viet-Smartphone Tech
Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with smartphones.

Well Pearl, my iPhone is struck in the flashing logo and

Customer Question

Well Pearl, my iPhone is struck in the flashing logo and keeps can I restore it without my iTunes account?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: About 8 hours...failed update.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about everything I has happened before, I need to restore it, but don't have access to itues right now....don't care about data.
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope:)
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Viet-Smartphone Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you do not have access to a computer right now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not...I am wondering if there is anyway to restore my iPhone and get out of this loop without having to use iTunes?

I'm sorry, unfortunately no. The software update was corrupted, so the phone software / firmware is bad. So you need to have a computer in order to download the update on the computer, then apply / restore it on the iPhone. When can you have access to a computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But even then, it asks for me to "trust" the computer, but it won't let me hit the "trust" button before it goes to logo....

It will not ask you to trust for full restore. If needed, here are the full steps you should try, then it will work:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for you help:)My credit card will only be charged $5.00, correct?Thanks again....

You're welcome. I'm the tech, so I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing later, but it should be the amount you've agreed to. If you have any concern, please let us know any time. If you have any issue fixing your iPhone later, please get back to me any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,