Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.

How do I sync my cell phone to my pc?

Customer Question

how do I sync my cell phone to my pc?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Kevin. My name is*****'d be happy to help you with this. Can you tell me please what brand and model of cell phone you have and who the cellular carrier is?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
samsung s5 active, carrier is at&t
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my pc is atoshiba satelitte L745-S4310
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me just a moment to provide a detailed answer for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no phone call.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

To begin, you will need to download and install the Smart Switch software to transfer items directly from a PC or Mac to your new Galaxy device. Please click on one of the links below depending on whether you have a Windows computer or an Apple computer.

When you have downloaded and installed the software you will need to connect your phone to the computer using the microUSB card that came with your phone, Follow the on screen instructions in the software to backup your data.

For your convenience I have attached a link to the user manual from At&T for this phone. It may be of help to you in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please just ignore the popups for additional services. They are automated. There are other, probably easier and more convenient ways to backup your phone. I have listed and described 3 other ways below. You can click on the link above each description to find out more about that option.

AT&T Mobile Transfer

Move contacts, messages, music, and other data to your new device using AT&T Mobile Transfer.

Backup & restore with computer

Learn how to backup and restore contacts & data on the device with a computer.

Backup & restore with Google

Backup Google account data in the event you have to replace or reset your device so you can restore later.

Backup & restore with memory card

Backup and restore contacts, photos, & files using a memory card.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Kevin do you still need assistance with this? If so, please let me know. If my answers did help you to solve the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. Thank you! Have a great weekend!