David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

My txt msgs are deleting from my iPhone. I am not deleting

Customer Question

my txt msgs are deleting from my iPhone. I am not deleting them. It almost seems like someone is downloading them
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a few weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I thought it was just my old iPhone 5, but I upgraded to a 6s and its still doing it. However, I did back up my old phone to new phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: It's a 6S, I got it on 26 June
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is it possible to monitor another phone's txt msgs if you are a user on the account?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Smartphone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Hi welcome to Just Answer my name is David. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

This is most likely to be a setting that was transferred to the upgraded phone.

Tap Settings - Messages - Keep Messages.

Change this setting to Forever, and you should not see old texts being deleted any more.

Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.
Hi, if this has resolved your issue please take moment to rate my answer, thanks very much! David.