GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Ive been locked out of my phone, it says they will send how

Customer Question

ive been locked out of my phone, it says they will send how to change password ***** my email but they sent to my past email that i cant get access to. and my icloud accout is also locked up
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there Elizabeth. My name is***** am so sorry that you're having this problem. It can be incredibly frustrating. It sounds as though you have followed all of the steps that you should, in order to get your password ***** but, because your contact info wasn't up to date, you can't get the email that they're sending to you to reset it. It is an altogether too common problem. I know this isn't what you want to hear but at this point you MUST contact Apple to resolve this. The good news is that there is more than one way to contact them. Please click here https://getsupport.apple.com/. You will have options for can getting support by phone, chat, or email, or if you are near an Apple store, you can make a Genius Bar appointment. Phone support often takes the longest, as you have seen, so email or chat would probably suit you best.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

As soon as you have gotten the password ***** please take the following actions so that you will not have to go through all of this again.

1. Sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com). If you can't sign in or you receive a message that the account is locked when you try to sign in, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then try to reset or unlock your account. If you still can't sign in, contact Apple Support.

2. Change your Apple ID password, and choose a strong password.

3. Review all the personal and security information in your account. Update any information that isn't correct or that you don’t recognize, including:

· Your name.

· Your primary Apple ID email address. If you need to change your email address, update the features and services that you use with Apple ID, so that each one is using your updated Apple ID.

· All alternate email addresses, rescue email addresses, and phone numbers.

· Security questions and answers. If you think they might be easy to guess, you should change your security questions.

Make sure that you have access to every email address associated with your Apple ID. If you don't control the email addresses associated with the Apple ID, you should change the password ***** the email address or use a different email address.

It's a good idea to do this at least a couple of times a year for all of your email accounts and important online accounts

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! I do realize that this is probably not he answer that you were hoping for and that you probably much prefer it if I were ale to somehow reset the password ***** you. However, part of the reason that Apple devices are so secure is that Apple takes the utmost care to make sure that you and ONLY you have access to your personal information. When you reach them you'll be asked a number of personal questions so they can verify your identity and make sure that it is really you they are speaking with. Have a great weekend and thank you!