Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation

I am in china with a china bought iPhone 5s. I am trying to

Customer Question

I am in china with a china bought iPhone 5s. I am trying to add email to the phone and it is a email. is an option to pick from to add the account but I can't make it work. Can you tell me the exact steps or settings to do this? I have added several email accounts to iPhone 5s in the past with no problems. I tried to add this account on a usa bought iPhone 5s with the same issue so it seems like it must be the settings
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

Which error message you getting when you are trying to add email id ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Server not responding usually

Make sure that you know your email settings. Then follow these steps:

1. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  2. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
  3. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

If Mail can't find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:

1. Choose IMAP or POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
  2. Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Then tap Next. If you don't have this information, try to look it up or contact your email provider.
  3. If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you'll be asked to edit them.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know any settings or how to find them on the Internet. That's why I posted the question.

I also tried to search for setting for but google does not have any thing on it. You will have to check for its settings from its email provider. It seems to be specific to china only. Please try and contact your email service provider to get incoming and out going server details.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No can do. Language barrier and already tried.

For you its a language barrier but for me its access restriction. I am not able to see any post of .Seems like google does not recognizes it. Can you visit some of the site from there and try using google translator ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, now I have changed to an email at so can you provide any settings for that?

Incoming Mail Server

• Account Type:IMAP
  • Username: <Your User Name>
  • Server
  • Server port:993
  • Authentication:Password
  • SSL/TLS:Yes

Outgoing Mail Server

• Username:<your User Name>
  • Server
  • Server port:465
  • Authentication:Password
  • SSL/TLS:Yes