GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

My iphone wants to activate using apple id and password. I

Customer Question

my iphone wants to activate using apple id and password. I have had this phone for a few years. The id and password ***** my files do not work.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I will provide you with detailed instructions regarding obtaining your user Apple id and resetting the password.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

How to Retrieve your Apple ID if you don’t know it

Please note: Usually your apple id is your password. However you can check to be sure by following these steps.

Go to!&section=appleid

When the webpage opens enter your first name, last name, and email address. Click continue.

Your Apple id should be displayed on the next page.

Reset Apple Password

Go to!&section=password

1. Enter your Apple ID. Click continue

2. Choose whether to get an email or to answer security questions.

3. Click next and follow the instructions on the screen.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning! I am following up with you to see if you still need assistance or if you were able to successfully obtain your apple id and password. Please advise.